Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year / The fortuneteller

Happy New Year to everyone. I am still formulating my goals for 2009. I realize that I don't like to make a lot of resolutions so I am not disappointed when I don't keep them. My art goal will be to continue to draw everyday and post a drawing everyday until the end of July 2009, which will make for a year of doing this. My other art goal will be mainly to continue to improve my drawing skills, especially around drawing people. My concern is how am I going to continue to do this? I am signed up for a life drawing class starting next week which I hope will be good. Mostly my concern is I feel I am in a rut with my drawing but maybe the "rut" is a style? Other goals: start using the moleskines I have. Draw out in public more and become better at drawing spontaneously. If anyone has any suggestions on improving one's work please leave me a comment. Thanks!

5 comments:

Maja said...

It seems we have the same resolution :) I did the first drawing yesterday, and plan to keep it up for a year!

Margaret Ann said...

This is clever...like it a lot! :)

winna said...

Your plans seem to me to be the answer to your advancement----all those things will be good for you !

Lynn said...

I like those simple resolutions! I hope you enjoy your life drawing class, that sounds like fun. All the best to you in 2009, Leigh.

Ann said...

The only suggestion I can give for improving one's work is to keep doing it. Especially with drawing, it's a skill that just takes a lot of practice. At least for me anyway :)
You are doing wonderful work here and I admire your goal to draw everyday. That life drawing class sounds like a great opportunity too.