Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Everyday Matters Challenge 230: Draw a Map

Please click on for a better view
During a solstice celebration a few weeks ago, I was using a rattle that had a tag that said: Made in Cameroon. I thought, how exotic! I love maps so this challenge was particularly fun for me. So I googled maps of Cameroon and found this lovely map. One of my favorite type of maps, when I was in elementary school, were product maps. I realized that when I started drawing this one it is in French and I have no idea what the symbols mean but I thought it was very cool.

7 comments:

Alex said...

What a beautiful map!
:) I really like those little icons, and people on the map... they remind me of those you usually see on these booklets and pamphlets they give away in tourists' centers.

Shirley said...

You did a fantastic job! I too like maps and add them regularly to my journal pages.

Debra Keirce said...

Nice map! And your DSFDF challenge illo is wonderful too!

Leah said...

What a great map drawing! I love all the little symbols you included.

Bénédicte said...

Reading the French names and symbols reminded me of my geography lessons in school. A very good rendering of the map challenge.

Ann said...

Wonderful map!
I like all your sketches below too. Congrats on finishing your sketchbook, in record time too!

Anonymous said...

Such a map entices me to travel even further afield - what a great job you did!