Monday, April 27, 2009

Colored Pencil Workshop with Pat Averill

This is Pat's version of our example for class...this is what it is supposed to look like.
Please note that the drawing above and this image is copyrighted by Pat Averill.

This is how mine turned out. I didn't quite get it and since one of my shadows looked like a bat I played that up and went for a more illustrative, spooky look. Instead of the sun I turned it into the moon, so this could also be the everyday matters challenge of draw the moon.

Pat Averill with samples of her work and steps in the process of doing this piece.


Class samples

More class samples
If you ever have a chance to take a class with Pat, go for it! She is a very, kind and patient teacher!

4 comments:

Alex said...

That's such a nice work! Especially the tiny little highlighted details, those are very interesting!
Good job, and I think it looks very good and very similar to the actual picture.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the way yours turned out!! Turning it into night scene was a stroke of brilliance! deni...;)

Mescrap said...

I love all your drawing. I wish I can draw too :)

Ann said...

This is wonderful! I think you did a fantastic job, the light is super and I really like that you made it your own.