Thursday, July 30, 2009

June 2009 Overview

June was another mixed bag of drawings. One of my favorites was my pill bottle from when I was sick. So I used this as my overview using the techniques from my weekend class. The overall exercise is to take one item and draw it twenty different ways and frame each drawing. Another technique not shown before is to use only three colored pencils (canary yellow, magenta and true blue) to make all your colors. I love this exercise and thought about that as a challenge for myself going forward. Another post that I liked was the baby fairy. Check out the month if you have time.

1 comment:

Robin Olsen said...

Shoot Leigh--with all these exciting new exercises, I think you better go for another year! This drawing is a lot of fun. It's great to see a dull object made beautiful.